COVID-19 Response Act
The safety of our clients and team is top priority.
Covid-19 protocols we've successfully implemented at PMR:
Every caregiver going into the home goes through a Covid screening prior
There is sanitation station at each entrance of every home where employees “foam in and foam out”
Quarantine periods for anyone travelling outside of the County to ensure everyone’s safety
We follow CDC Guidelines
We continually update the protocols as per CDC recommendations
We provide proper personal protective equipment to all of our employees
We offer vaccinations to all employees
We have an approved opening plan for all offices in all regions
We closely monitor clients for any signs of Covid-19 symptoms
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act)
requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. These provisions will apply from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
(To view flyer please click on .pdf link)
PAID LEAVE ENTITLEMENTS
Generally, employers covered under the Act must provide employees:
Up to two weeks (80 hours, or a part-time employee's two-week equivalent) of paid sick leave based on the higher of their regular rate of pay, or the applicable state or Federal minimum wage, paid at:
• 100% for qualifying reasons #1-3 below, up to $511 daily and $5,110 total;
• ½ for qualifying reasons #4 and 6 below, up to $200 daily and $2,000 total; and
• Up to 12 weeks of paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave paid at ½ for qualifying reason #5 below for
up to $200 daily and $12,000 total.
A part-time employee is eligible for leave for the number of hours that the employee is normally scheduled to work over that period.
In general, employees of private sector employers with fewer than 500 employees, and certain public sector employers, are eligible for up to two weeks of fully or partially paid sick leave for COVID-19 related reasons (see below). Employees who have been employed for at least 30 days prior to their leave request may be eligible for up to an additional 10 weeks of partially paid expanded family and medical leave for reason #5 below.
QUALIFYING REASONS FOR LEAVE RELATED TO COVID-19
An employee is entitled to take leave related to COVID-19 if the employee is unable to work, including unable to telework, because the employee:
1. is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
2. has been advised by a health care provider to
self-quarantine related to COVID-19;
3. is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis;
4. is caring for an individual subject to an order described in (1) or self-quarantine as described in (2);
5. is caring for his or her child whose school or place of care is closed (or child care provider is unavailable) due to COVID-19 related reasons; or
6. is experiencing any other substantially-similar condition specified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The U.S. Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division (WHD) has the authority to investigate and enforce compliance with the FFCRA. Employers may not discharge, discipline, or otherwise discriminate against any employee who lawfully takes paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave under the FFCRA, files a complaint, or institutes a proceeding under or related to this Act. Employers in violation of the provisions of the FFCRA will be subject to penalties and enforcement by WHD.
Pacific Medical Resources - The Best in Home HealthCare.
4 Locations: Mendocino, Lake, Humboldt, Del Norte & Sonoma County